The Systems Administrator is responsible for remote administration of production and non-production, Windows, Active Directory and SCCM. This position creates and follows work plans and understands associated documentation and complies with Change Management policies. This position performs daily operational checks, reviews event management alerts and e-mails, assists with automation, performs server maintenance during approved windows, some of which are after the normal business day and on weekends. Supports on-call operations to provide 24x7x365 support to maintain customer OLAs and SLAs.
- Manage and monitor server backup systems.
- Perform routine data recoveries and recovery testing.
- Monitor availability and performance of network servers and other equipment
- Perform LAN/WAN troubleshooting
- Make firewall and ACL changes matching requirements
- Assist Infrastructure Architect in new technology implementations and migrations
- Learn newly installed technologies well enough to take ownership of routine operation and support.
- Discovery and documentation tasks as assigned
- Distribute software and deploy software updates using the software distribution system (SCCM)
- Perform routine operational tasks such as managing user accounts and granting access to files, services, applications, and databases
- Serve as an escalation point for issues that the IT Service Desk is unable to resolve.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in designing, deploying, supporting and maintaining Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 environments at an enterprise level
- Experience on SCCM/System Center Configuration Manager along with integration experience with AD/Active Directory & Virtualization: VMware, Hyper-V
- Solid understanding of and operational experience with IIS, File Server, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare, Symantec Backup Exec
- Basic understanding of networking concepts/components such as network switches, wireless access points, routers, TCP/IP, IP routing, Routing Protocols, DHCP, DNS, PKI, VPNs, SNMP, RADIUS, ACLs, VLANs, QoS, and so on
- 2+ years of Experience on Microsoft Azure Infrastructure services
- Basic knowledge of SQL Server, SharePoint
- Basic knowledge of Exchange Server, Office365
- Awareness of industry best practices in the area of servers, networking, and security
- Ability and eagerness to learn new products and technologies
- Ability to turn general requirements into technical implementation steps
- The ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality
- Ability to follow established policies and procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree a plus
2. ITIL certification
3. MCSE / MCITP level Windows knowledge
|Job Category||Technical Support|