Summary: Sr. Systems Administrator (SSA) is responsible for planning, designing and managing redundant and scalable IT infrastructure. This position requires having an expertise of capacity planning for IT systems and resource / team. This position requires strong leadership and mentoring skill to ensure that the team is skilled and motivated to support the IT systems across the time zone. SSA should ensure that compliance and governance practices are followed / enforced / adhered at the organization level as well for each assigned project. This requires experience of 7+ years including 2+ years of supervisory / leadership experience of managing a team size of 25+ people. The candidate should have a fundamental as well as hand-on knowledge of outlined skills as mentioned in the skill summary table below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, build and implement infrastructures for enterprise application
- Creating high level architectural design of products systems.
- Set up monitoring, configuration management, administration operation practices
- Planning large migrations and executing it
- Developing monitoring systems management practices to maximize uptime
- Develop/ Adopt new efficient strategies to minimize manual/ repetitive work, operational costs, deployment times, response times etc.
- Troubleshooting escalated / complex systems / network issues
- Good understanding of statistic
- Capacity and availability planning
- Training and managing teams
- Plan team to-do’s/ goals, product upgrades/ releases.
- Evaluate software/ hardware products (free/ commercial) as per needs.
- Demonstrate POC for new Server technologies for improvement in Server and Security
- Prepare present proposals with respect to systems/ software infrastructure
- Performing DR Drill and ensure Service Continuity
- Audit IT infrastructure and publish monthly health report
- Maintain Data Integrity and access control
- Research build specifications for new products tools
- Acting as liaisons between junior systems administrators, application administrators and software developers
- High level log analysis, performance reports, trend analysis.
- Quick in decision making and execution.
- Assist operations teams in daily operations when required
- Assist developers in architectural and design problems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of experience in designing, deploying, supporting and maintaining Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 and Linux (All Flavours) environments at an enterprise level
- 2+ years of supervisory experience of managing team size of 25+ people
- 1+ years of Experience on Microsoft Azure / AWS Infrastructure services
- Managing full server operating System & Application Lifecycle, Provisioning, Automation and Security
- Solid understanding and operational experience with Active Directory, DNS, Web Server, File Server, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare, Backup solutions
- Should have experience in configure One-Drive / enterprise cloud drive for data storage
- In-depth knowledge of Apache web server and related modules like PHP, mod security, Tomcat, SSL etc.
- Ability to setup and maintain High Availability Clusters and Load Balanced environment.
- In depth knowledge about Load balancing High Availability.
- Firewalls (Iptables, BSD packet filter, other commercial etc).
- Understanding of Root kits, IDS, Firewall concepts.
- In-depth Knowledge of MRTG, Nagios, selinux.
- Knowledge of MySQL, databases in-depth fine-tuning procedures advanced troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge of SQL Databases (relational and non-relational, the ability to think in sets and graphs, performance tuning).
- Knowledge about RAID LVM.
- Deep understanding of file systems and recovery techniques.
- Knowledge of replicated network file systems like NFS, DRBD.
- Knowledge of LDAP Active Directory.
- Scalability (Partitioning, Coupling, Caching etc) capacity planning concepts.
- Should apply Networking principles: TCP/IP, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Load Balancers, VPNs
- Monitor system logs (logs, IDS/IPS/ Content Filter, Backup Jobs, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of mail server technologies (Exchange Server, Office365, Gmail)
- Scripting for administration and automation
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree (any)
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate: Windows Server 2016
- MCSA: Windows Server 2016 /
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator / Juniper Networks Certification Program
- ITIL certification
|Job Category||Customer Support|