As a technical content writer, the role is to develop and create content for print, digital media, or product descriptions. Well-researched and accurate content will be produced on tight deadlines. Excellent writing, spelling, and understanding of grammar are essential to the role. Should be able to ideate and communicate company’s services and messages through website content, blogs and eBooks. Must follow company editorial style guide. He/she prepares whitepapers, journal articles, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily. They also develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among customers and designers.
- Analyse functional and technical specifications of services/solutions.
- Research, design, illustrate, write, revise, and edit high quality and user-friendly and interactive documentations
- Write, edit, and review sales collaterals, white papers, and eBooks
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Write search engine optimized (SEO) website content, articles, blogs, press releases, and forum posts to promote the software applications, and technical support services of the company
- Creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and body copy.
- Researching and organizing facts and sources.
- Draft email newsletters weekly/monthly for campaigns to sell different services and demonstrate organization’s impact on the industry.
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with team for new ideas and strategies.
- Draft and edit assigned editorials, talking points and press releases.
- Create and post timely content on organization’s website.
- Researching markets and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original.
- Collaborating with campaign managers, creative team, and designers.
- Writing a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms (website, blogs, articles, social updates, banners, case studies, guides, white papers, etc.)
Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent grasp of English language. Should be excellent at grammar.
- Two to three years of experience writing for different organizations and agencies.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Strict adherence to company policies and style.
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO is an added advantage.
- Assists team members when needed to accomplish team goals.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
|Job Category||Software Development, Technical Support|