DevOps Engineer is the middleman that collaborate with the development and infrastructure teams to build, test and deploy software in a quick manner. DevOps Engineer is primary responsible in executing and automating operational processes rapidly, accurately and securely. DevOps engineer is also focusing deploying software / code / product updates, identifying production issues and implementing continuous integrations and continuous deployment as per the requirements.
|Technology / tools||Proficiency Level||Operational / soft skills||Proficiency Level|
|Windows / Linux||Intermediate||Cloud Formation / Terraform||Advanced|
|Microsoft Azure / AWS||Intermediate||Azure DevOps / AWS DevOps||Advanced|
|IIS / Apache Web Server||Intermediate||Selenium / Blazemeter / JMeter||Intermediate|
|Monitoring Tools (CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, Datadog, Nagios, Splunk)||Advanced||SDLC (.NET / Node.js / PHP / Bash / Python / Ruby / Shell / Perl)||Intermediate|
|Project Management Tools (Jira, Asana, Basecamp)||Advanced|
(GitHub, Git, Bitbucket, SVN)
|Puppet / Chef / Ansible||Advanced||Spoken English||Excellent|
|Docker / Kubernetes||Advanced||Azure Certified DevOps Engineer / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer||Mandatory
|Jenkins / TeamCity||Expert||Azure Administrator/ AWS Solutions Architect Associate||Preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, implement and manage cloud Infrastructure including but not limited to identity and Security, Monitoring, Data Storage, Scalability, Business Continuity
- Automating and orchestrating workloads across the cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- Design and implement secure automation solutions and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines) to automate development, testing and production environment deployment, e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Ansible etc.
- Analyse the technology currently being used and develops plans and processes for improvement and expansion
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Uses configuration management software to automatically deploy updates and fixes into the staging and production environment
- Recommends performance enhancements by performing gap analysis, identifying alternative solutions, and assisting with modifications
- Conduct system tests for security, performance, and availability
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Planning, designing, deployment, and configuration of web services such as IIS, Apache, Nginx, Azure Functions, and AWS lambda
- Work with development team to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
- Mentor and train other engineers throughout the company and seek to continually improve processes companywide
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience on various cloud services; IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DaaS etc.
- 3+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.).
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Automation experience in at least two of the configuration / deployment management tools, e.g. Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation
- Proficient in one of the scripting languages; Shell, Python, Ruby, Node.js etc.
- Working experience with Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, SVN
- Good knowledge and experience on containerisation such as Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Should have knowledge on project management tools, e.g. JIRA
- Solid understanding of modern authentication protocols and a background in cyber security
- Understanding of cloud governance technologies for cost management and control.
- Understanding of common database technologies such as SQL Database/Server, Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming frameworks: PowerShell, Azure CLI, .NET, Node.js, PHP, Python, Angular, React.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer / Azure Certified DevOps Engineer
- Microsoft Azure Administrator/ AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associates preferred
- RHCE, MCSE, MCTS
|Job Category||Software Development|